Well, the first month of 2013 is over and it’s time to share my January favourites! Well here it goes:
The Carrie Diaries
1. The Carrie Diaries- This show has replaced GossipGirl(GG) on the CW. I was upset to see GossipGirl go, did anyone see that amazing series finale? WOW! Anyway, I heard that this new show was going to GossipGirl’s replacement. I was first very hesitant because GG was one of the first tv shows that really made me appreciate fashion. Anyway, I am obsessed with this show and I love all of the characters. However, I am torn between Sebastian Kid and Maggie for the part of my favourite character! For those of you who do not know, this show is the prequel to “Sex and the City” when Carrie Bradshaw is still in high school. I hope the show continues to be good and that I continue to like it.
Temple Run 2
2. Temple Run 2- If you’re a fan of the original temple run, you are going to love the new version of this game! It is much more entertaining and the big, scary monkey dude makes me want to run too! What a creeper?
Dior Nude Liquid Foundation
3. Dior Nude Liquid Foundation- I have been using this foundation since the beginning of the year and I am completely in love with it! There are a lot of different shades, one for each skin tone. It’s also very light which means that it does not turn cakey, a big bonus.
4. iPad Mini- This was one of my christmas presents and I absolutely different, it is a lot lighter and smaller than my previous iPad 2. Definitely worth the money! it’s even cheaper than the current iPod Touch!
5. Ladurée Macarons- My mom got back from Paris two weeks ago, bringing with her a Parisian must-have! Macarons from Ladurée! They are light, flakey and simply delicious. If you are even in Paris, you must pick these up! They also have insanely adorable packaging which I use to store small things like hair bands after having eaten all of the delicious macarons.
Outfit of the Night
Before the title of this post scares you, “The Woods” is the name of a restaurant. This restaurant is located in the Intercontinental Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland. I have personally never had a worse meal in my life! I ordered scallop carpaccio, what I received was completely…inedible. Ugh, it was just so bad. Anyway, we went to “The Woods” just for a relaxed evening but, I wanted to share my outfit with you guys! More posts coming soon!
What am I Wearing:
GAP White T-Shirt(boring, I know)
IKKS Black Leggings
Eleven Paris Grey Dress(available in France)
Eleven Paris Military Jacket(available in France)
Hallhuber Navy Beanie(only available in Germany)
Batiste Dry Shampoo Tropical Scent
I have recently fallen under the “Dry Shampoo Curse” in the sense that I’m pretty much obsessed. Yes, it’s a curse. For those of you who are unaware, dry shampoo is this European revelation that makes it appear as if you have washed your hair but, all you’ve done is sprayed dry shampoo into your hair!
How to Apply Dry Shampoo:
1. Spray Dry Shampoo onto hair from a 30cm length away
2. Massage into hair
3. Brush hair
4. Style normally
As you can see it’s very easy and takes minutes. I chose the tropical scent because it smells like coconuts. The blush scent didn’t smell like anything to me so I decided against it. More posts coming soon!
Black Christian Louboutin
Christian Louboutin. The guy’s a… character but, makes incredible shoes. After having experienced one of the worst days in my academic lifetime, I decided to vent. Oh well, back to my Loubs, I love those things, they’re really phenomenal. Except for the severe discomfort which one experiences in their wear. After much contemplation between a classic red-soled heel or a more…elaborate option. I decided that classic is the way to go. I forgot to mention that this is my first blog post ever. More posts coming soon